OCR converts scanned texts into digital texts in Unicode encoding. The OCR digital texts can be stored as Unicode UTF-8 text, RTF (Rich Text Format), or as PDF files with text under image. You can open them with text editors such as Open Office or Microsoft Word, and work with them as you would with a typed document.
- Hindi OCR
- Marathi OCR
- Gujarati OCR
- Sanskrit OCR
- Tamil OCR
These softwares comes in two versions -
- Standard Version
- Professional Version
Key features of OCR
- High recognition accuracy and speed
- Built-in classifiers for most letters and ligatures – no training necessary!
- Unicode output
- Lexicon for improved recognition results
- Training option for unusual and rare fonts
- Processes standard image formats (bmp, jpg, png, tiff, gif).
- Works on Windows XP® ,Windows 7,Windows 8 and Windows 10.
You can export the recognized Hindi text in various formats:
- Unicode text
- Unicode-RTF –
Additional features of the professional version :
- Recognition speed about 20% higher than in the basic version (standard version)
- Batch recognition: Import large numbers of scanned pages, and have them recognized “at one go”.
- Directory processing: OCR a complete directory of scanned documents, and store the result in a single text or PDF file – without creating and managing batch files.
- Text-under-Image PDF: The professional version of OCR can convert images of text into searchable PDF files in which the recognized text is “hidden” under the original image. Just download this sample PDF and search for any other word!
- Batch export: Export the complete recognized text in one file (txt, rtf, pdf), or as single files in text format.